Monday, August 02, 2010

Finally connected again!

I know I haven't updated in a few weeks but it has been because I've been busy and not because I haven't wanted to.  Boss was getting ready for a trip to the other side of the world and I was swamped with work.  Then taking advantage that he was not in the office I took care of all the work that he left for his 17 day trip in a week.  That was a blessing and a curse.

Now I have barely anything to do and he is not due back until next Monday but I was able to take a mini-vacation where I did not look at my phone or e-mail for three days.  I took my laptop to try and do some writing but that didn't happen.

I arrived this morning with only 3 hours of sleep, no chance for coffee and to find a little "present" on my bedroom floor from my dog.  Grrr!

On a positive note D (as she will be named) has finished chapters 1 through 7 of Second Chances and has kindly asked for the rest so she can find out what happens.  Guess that is a good sign.

The outline for my shape shifter story is about half way done.  I'm stuck on a few details but those can be worked on.  I have to do some research about the location where my story is taking place and also about the profession of our Hero, Xavier. (I'm actually considering renaming him now.  It does not seem to fit him anymore.)  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Lounging poolside on Saturday the idea for a new story came to me.  I have to put those down today so I can developed it further at another time. 

Going to try for a power nap then some writing.  After today I must rejoin the rest of the world.

Until then I wish you all a great week!

No comments: