Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2011 Golden Palm Contest & Workshop

Hi everyone;

Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  I'm working on my book-length submission (40,000 words or more) for the 2011 Golden Palm Contest, put together by Florida Romance Writers.  This is the first year they have an Erotic Romance category and the judge is from Ellora's Cave.  The original deadline was for Monday, August 15th but due to low submissions it has been extended until Monday, September 22nd.

I'm planning on submitting Second Chances which is currently at a little over 45,000 words, I printed a draft of it and I'm simply working on a few edits necessary for it to be complete.  Wish me luck.  I will keep you all apprised of the situation.

On another note, I'm in the middle of taking a two week workshop entitled, "Creating Better Heroes: Male POV for the Romance Writer" with Sascha Illyvich.  We've only had one assignment so far but I expect to learn plenty from Sasha.

With that I leave you for now.  My "Waiting on Wednesday" post will be posted later today and I will be sharing some of my new writings as well.

'Til then, take care.

Ria Cruz
Links: Facebook, Goodreads

No comments: