Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finally getting some writing done

Hi ladies and gents.  It's been a while since my last post but if you've been following me you will probably notice that this wouldn't be the first time this has happened.  Work has been busy, busy, busy.  We were able to settle three of our largest cases and my boss has finally taken a vacation, giving me some "ME" time.  Last night was the first time in a few weeks that I had anything productive going on with my writing and I hope to continue on that streak.

I'm in the middle of writing a short erotic story for a side project/website that has been in the works with a good friend of mine.  As soon as I have further details regarding launch dates and such I will be posting the information.

In the mean time, here is a little unedited piece of what's bouncing around in my head at the moment.  This currently untitled short is about an author, Mollie Derbie and her neighbor/muse, Adam Morris.

If she stayed in front of the computer any longer Mollie Derby was going to get a damn tan.  Saving the latest draft of chapter fifteen, although she knew it wasn’t perfect, it was still better than the first draft.  And the second, and the third and who knows how many this was now.  “Ten, actually”, she sighed rubbing her eyes with the back of her hands getting a glimpse of the time displayed on her silver wrist watch.  

Five hours had gone by while she typed, reviewed, deleted, then followed the same routine over and over again in a vicious cycle.  Her head felt the way her waste basket looked at this moment, an overflow of balled up sheets of paper.  Chapter fourteen had given her some problems as well.  Writer’s block was hell.  Even more so when Mollie had little more than a month to turn in Her Heart’s Desire to her agent and there was only about two-thirds of the book done... 

Adam and Mollie look like:

 


(c) 2012 Ria Cruz

No comments: