Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Updates / New Story

I haven't taken any time to take care of the revision of Second Chances,  my first novel. Instead I'm still working on to a new story. It's currently an untitled romance about Marley, a chef and James, a bar owner. I'm almost 4,000 words in and the story is flowing out nicely.   Here is a tiny unedited excerpt of my story:

Untitled: Marley & James

James stood back as Marley walked past him, her glorious hips swayed from left to right. He swallowed hard and curled his fists to control the urge to bend her over the counter and press against her ass and let her know how hard he was whenever she was around.


The load gasp that followed told him Marley found the kitchen. For the limited menu he offered,  the kitchen he had installed was first class with subzero freezers, brand new gas ranges, two grills and a large flat top.

Following her in James found Marley in the middle of the spacious stainless steel kitchen. She looked like a kid in a candy store.  Her green eyes wide and a cute little smile on her face,“James Croswell you’ve been holding out. Look at this!”


He was happy that she was impressed with the kitchen. “What’s your honest opinion?” he teased walking over. Leaning against the metal counter top and just watched as she took everything in.

Turning to him there was a smile on her face, “How dare you not have anything else on the menu with a kitchen like this?”


“I was planning on expanding, eventually. I just hadn’t found a chef yet” he winked at her....


Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

I liked what you posted. Can't wait to read more.