Sunday, February 06, 2011

Mad, Sad and Frustrated

I just found out that my car was broken into and my backup hard drive with all of my stories was stolen along with the GPS and a few other material possessions.  To make matters worse I had already started to delete everything from my laptop because I was having it reformatted.  Thankfully I had about ten stories saved on a small USB drive but I still lost eight stories. 

This is the second time something like this has happened to me.  The first time was when my Sidekick crashed.  I was using it to write things on the go, whether on my lunch break or when we went camping last summer.  The damn thing crapped out on me before I was able to send everything to my email and TMobile wasn't able to recover anything.  I lost one entire chapter of a short and two story outlines that I had written on my Sidekick's notepad program.

I'm sad and frustrated.  Everything I had ever written was there including my manuscript for Second Chances.  I want to cry...thank fully I had that file backed up both on my USB drive and my e-mail. 

I know I can put them back together but I'm just thinking about all of the hours of work that were put into my stories.  My research files, my character bios, and all of my character inspiration pictures are all gone.

After I get some tequila treatment I'm going to get some sleep and when I wake up tomorrow morning (or afternoon) I'm going to sit down and write everything all over again. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: